Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What kind of manager I am.

I missed the classes last week (because I caught a cold) and didn’t participate in the activity and the test which would determinate my management personality. But professor gave me the description of all 4 dimensions of behavior that were in that test and told me just to choose one myself…
I think I am “I” (influence). First of all I have really big entrepreneurial spirit. I always have some business ideas and usually I can persuade my friends (or people I know) that the ideas will be successful. I also like entertaining people and I am an optimist in general. I appreciate freedom of expression and democratic relationships. The things I need to gain to be more effective also match, like I need more control of time, and work on priorities and deadlines.
If I have to hire people for my business, I will definitely hire people with the qualities described in the type of management. I would need people who can concentrate on tasks, take logical approach, seek facts, and so on. I think it is because I have a lot of ideas, but sometimes don’t have patience to make them happen. So, to help me with developing my company, I would need people who can concentrate on things and just do it.
Again, I didn’t take the test in class, I just choose this management type from the list because I think it fits me the most. Also, I think that every entrepreneur should have at least some abilities listed in this type of management behavior.

1 comment:

  1. I think if you take the test it will definitely matches on your description because most of us found it accurate. Among each question there is only one personality that really describe you. It's very interesting to take this test to find out who you are between leader and manager.

    ReplyDelete