Monday, December 13, 2010

About blogging.

To be honest, I found the blogging experience kind of frustrating. For me, blogging is expressing my feelings and thoughts about something at the time when you feel to express them. It just doesn’t work as a class assignment for me. Especially I hated the comments to other people’s blogs. Again, for me it doesn’t make any sense when it is assigned to make a certain number comments by xx/xx/2010, come on, give me a break. =)
Some people say it is better than research paper and u don’t need any extra material to write a blog, but I think I would rather did 2 research papers then 8 blog assignments. When I just started the blog I already hated the first assignment to tell about myself. In real life I would never start a blog describing myself. Next day I felt like writing a post which wasn’t assigned – it was about management and my experience with a pizza delivery guy. This post has never been assigned but I did it very enthusiastically because I felt like writing it, and since my blog is about management, I wrote a lot about management in the service organizations.
If you want to keep the blogs, students should be free to choose their own topics and they own timing. For example, tell student that they will have to write at least 6 posts related to management within the semester, based on your life observation or whenever you feel to write about (related to management). I am sure you will see more creative and interesting results. And to stimulate students to write 6 posts or more, make it as an extra credit assignment with a solid number of points for each blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment